Designing for small spaces can be challenging, but choosing the right accent pieces can help give your room some style without sacrificing valuable floor space. The key to decorating a small space is to find the balance between function and design. We put together a list of 10 accent pieces that are ideal for small spaces.
- Nesting Tables – Nesting tables are great because they can work in a variety of rooms. You can spread them out to use as end tables, serving trays or night stands; tuck them back together to save space when you don’t need the extra surface area.
Rustic Country Nesting Tables with Leaf Pattern by Midwest CBK. Click on the image to view additional nesting table styles.
- Metal Bunching Table – Who says a statement piece has to be the biggest item in the room? This single metal bunching table delivers on style with it’s eye catching design.
Metal Bunching Table by Butler Specialty Furniture
- Small Cocktail Table – Cocktail or coffee tables are a staple piece for any living room, they come in a variety of sizes, styles and finishes. Choosing a smaller size table with drawers or hidden compartments for storage is a great option for a small living room or family room.
Lodge Oak Rectangular Cocktail Table with Drawers by Null
- Storage Ottoman – Having a piece of furniture that can also serve as optional storage is a major bonus!
Augusta Storage Ottoman by Office Star. Click on image for more storage solution ideas.
- Sofa Table – A small sofa or console table can add a touch of design and functionality to an entry way, you don’t have to actually use it as a sofa table. The narrow width and overall small size of this particular table would look great under a window filled with potted plants or herbs.
This Abbonto Sofa Table by Ashley Furniture is ideal for narrow spaces, measuring less than 11″ in depth.
- Accent Table – Adding a piece of furniture with a little extra design element can make your small space feel a bit more exciting. This happens to be one of my favorite items on this list! I love the striped design element and tall tapered legs on this accent table.
Accent Table by Coast to Coast.
- Round Accent Table – Accent tables come in all shapes and sizes. We chose this tall round wood table for a more traditional look; the dark finish adds a little bit of modern character to the traditional design.
Accent Table by Butler Specialty Furniture. The tall height of this accent table is a great option to use as a chair side table, ideal for a cozy little reading nook.
- White Metal End Table – The style of this white metal end table makes it easy to use in a variety of rooms, it would look great in a kid’s room as an accent table or nightstand or use in the living room beside a sofa or chair. Get creative and mix it up!
White Metal End Table, Signature Design by Ashley Furniture.
- Leaning Pier Bookcase – Add some height to your space with a leaning bookcase, this will help draw your eye up and give your space some
Leaning Pier Bookcase by Liberty Furniture.
- Accent Chest – An accent chest is an ideal piece to use in small spaces; with a slim profile and drawers for storage this accent chest could easily be used in a bedroom, dining room, kitchen or entry way.
Marley 3 Drawer Chest by Stein World.
Lamps provide a fundamental design element to any room, adding both functionality and style. With so many options to choose from, we thought it would be fun to have a few members of our staff and design team pick out their favorite lamp.
BONUS: All of the lamps selected by our design team are in stock!
Let us know which designer choice fits your style. We would love to hear from you!
Like, Comment & Share this post on our Facebook page to be entered into a drawing for a $50 Hatch Furniture Gift Certificate.